377 Metcalfe, Westmount
$ 1 575 000
Calling all lovers of Victorian architecture, gardening + entertaining! This large 5 bdrm, 2+2 bath home w/high ceilings, stained glass, exposed stone, solarium extension & huge pool-sized garden is waiting to be brought up to date to today’s standards. Steps to Westmount park, Akiva + Selwyn House schools; who will the next lucky family be?
|Number of rooms||13|
|Heating||Bi-Energy Gas/Electric hot water|
|A/C||wall-mounted in solarium|
|Systems||Air exchanger, sump pump|
|Living room||18.1 X 13.9 ft|
|Dining room||14.7 X 13.9 ft|
|Solarium||22 X 10.6 ft|
|Kitchen||17.2 X 14.4 ft irr|
|Office||13.10 X 12.8 ft|
|Den||13.10 X 12.8 ft|
|Powder room||3 X 6 ft|
|SPA-HOT TUB||8.11 X 7.10 ft|
|Master bedroom||16.1 X 13.11 ft|
|Bedroom||13.1 X 12.11 ft|
|Bedroom||13.1 X 16.5 ft|
|Bedroom||12 X 10.4 ft|
|Bedroom||14.10 X 9.5 ft|
|Hall||15.8 X 6.4 ft|
|Bathroom||12.6 X 6.4 ft|
|Bathroom||8.5 X 5.10 ft|
|Playroom||30 X 16.3 ft irr|
|Laundry room||9.5 X 8.1 ft|
|Storage||19.9 X 17 ft|
|Storage||22.9 X 9.10 ft|
|Storage||8'3 x 8'1 ft|
|Balcony||10 X 14 ft|
EXPENSES / ENERGY (annual)
||$ 2 928|
|Total||$ 2 928|
|Municipal (2017)||$ 13245|
|School (2016)||$ 2744|
|Total||$ 15 989|
Welcome to Fleurus! This turn-of-the-century home stands out in lower Westmount as the “white house with the red door”.
– Upon entering, the cross-hall plan instantly impresses with its high ceilings, large bright rooms + prominent original Victorian staircase. You instantly realize THIS HOUSE IS MUCH BIGGER THAN YOU THOUGHT!
– On the right is the living room with its wood-burning fireplace (to be verified) + large west-facing windows flooding the space with light all the way to the dining room. Both with original mouldings
– On the left is the office and separate den both with built-ins
– Powder room off the den
– The rear of the home features the granite kitchen with stainless appliances, side entrance door and solarium extension (2012) with beautiful wood patio doors to the huge garden filled with trees and perennials. There is even an adorable cabana to store all your tools- a gardener’s dream! Also featured is an indoor hot-tub for 2 with shower- your own spa!
– 5 bedrooms, 4 with closets. The master bdrm has a walk-in + access to a large balcony with awning + total privacy
– 2 full bathrooms- 1 w/shower, 1 w/claw tub.
– Large office nook in hallway lets in lots of light
– Original rear staircase to kitchen from rear bedroom
– Exposed stone walls, high ceilings + tons of potential. Easy to create a bedroom, wine cellar or storage facility- TONS of space!
– Laundry room with powder room
– Rear entrance
– Wall a/c unit in solarium
– Bi-energy- electric Chromalox + Viessman gas furnaces
– Air exchanger
– Sump pump + French drain at rear.
– Gas hot water
– Wood floors throughout (except basement, bathrooms, kitchen + solarium)
– At least 2-car parking in 2 driveways on either side of the house
– The garage was converted to storage at the front + spa at the rear. Too narrow for a car.
– The home is attached to the neighbour by the garage wall only. All 4 white walls are detached.
Updated over the 23 years the current family have been owners, this home still has more to go before being up to today’s standards. Once renovated, this home will be even better for entertaining on a grand scale! The volume of this home will surprise you.
Steps to Westmount park, many Westmount schools + in between Victoria + Greene villages, this home is in a great location for Westmount families. Have you driven by this house when full of tulips and thought…I’d like to live there? Now is your chance to make it yours!